Twin Oaks Animal Hospital understands the importance of having someone you can trust in an emergency. During our regular business hours our hospital is fully prepared to handle a wide range of emergencies. If possible, please try to call us before you come in so that we can prepare for your arrival or refer you to an emergency practice if necessary. After hours, we recommend you visit one of the local emergency clinics listed below. Both are fully staffed 24 hours 365, days a year.
2310 Faraday Ave
Carlsbad, CA 92008
When to Seek Emergency Care
Below are some guidelines for knowing when to seek emergency care. Prompt medical attention can make a difference in an emergency.
- Bleeding in volume, or doesn't stop, or from a body cavity
- Foaming at the mouth
- Hit by car
- Seizure or Tremor
- Blue, purple, or pale gums or tongue
- Cats-open-mouth breathing
- Ingestion of snail bait, rat bait, anti-freeze, pills, medications, vitamins, or any suspect substance.
- Your pet has been involved in an animal attack
- Bite wounds
- Snake bites
- Spider or insect bites
- Respiratory emergency (trouble breathing)
- Cardiac emergency
- Allergic reactions
- Heat and cold emergencies (heatstroke, excessive panting or salivation, shivering, etc.)