Summer is here, which means great weather, and possibly some time off with the family. The nice thing about living in San Marcos is your dog doesn’t have to stay at home while you enjoy our wonderful sunshine, we have tons of restaurants and outdoor activities where fido can come too!
BREAKFAST, LUNCH, DINNER – TIME!
We have several pet-friendly restaurants here in San Marcos, one of which is right across from our hospital (Player’s Sports Bar), which allow pets leashed on their patios. Here is a quick list of go to places where you can relax with your furry pal and enjoy a nice meal.
– Slater’s 50/50: Gourmet Burgers, craft beer, fries, onion rings, and cocktails.
– Café Stoked: Family-style seasonal meals.
– Ra Ka De Ka Fresh Thai Kitchen: Fresh and healthy Thai food.
– Mama Kat’s: Voted best breakfast in San Marcos. Serves classic American food.
– Debbie’s Restaurant and Pie Shoppe: Serves classic American food. Great breakfast.
– The Grill at St. Mark: Fresh classic American food. Wonderful lunch and dinner menu.
– Plays Sports Bar: Classic American Food – Burgers, Fries and great appetizers.
– Churchill’s Pub and Grille: Gourmet Burgers, Beer, and Pub Food.
– San Marcos Brewery & Grill: Craft beer, burgers, seafood and salads.
After, or before eating that meal, you can tire fido out at the dog park. We have four different parks in San Marcos alone!
– San Elijo Hills Dog Park
Located: San Elijo Rd N, San Marcos, CA 92078
– Montiel Dog Park
Located: 2290 Montiel Rd., San Marcos, CA 92069
– Hollandia Dog Park
Located: 12 Mission Hills Ct., San Marcos, CA 92069
– Sunset Park
Located: 909 Puesta Del Sol., San Marcos, CA 92078
FOR THE INDIVIDUAL!
Have a dog that isn’t a fan of dog parks? Or gets annoyed when that six-month-old black labs tries to play-tackle them? Or maybe you want to get your exercise with your pet! You’re in luck! San Marcos is home to several different hikes and trails that are well-maintained and are of varying levels.
– Double Peak: Strenuous Trail, 5 mile round trip, elevation gain of 1000ft.
– Discovery Lake: Easy Trail, 0.8 mile loop, paved surface with slight hills.
– Discovery Creek: Easy Trail, 2 mile round trip, paved surface with slight hills.
– Cima: Moderately difficult, 3 mile trial, mild-moderate hills.
– Twin Oaks Valley: Easy Trail, 4 mile round trip, mostly flat.
– Las Posas/Borden: Easy Trail, 2 miles round trip, level and mostly flat.
– Jack’s Pond: Easy Trail, 1 mile round trip, paved and mostly flat.
– Rancho Dorado: Easy to Moderate Trail, 1.7 mile, elevation gain of 350 ft.
Want to travel outside the area and either head to the beach, or inland towards the mountains? Well we got you covered with some awesome hiking trails, dog parks, and fun places to eat with five-star food!
– Lake Hodges – Bernardo Mountain Summit Trail: Strenuous, 6 mile round-trip from the Bernardo Bay Trails Parking Structure off West Bernadro Dr.
– Rancho Bernado Dog Park – Located off West Bernardo Dr.
– Bernard’O: French-California cuisine.
– Daley Ranch: located in Escondido. Multiple trails available.
– Del Mar Dog Beach
– Stratford Court Café: located in Del Mar – breakfast, sandwiches and coffee.
– Smashbuger – Del Mar: Signature gourmet burgers.
– Cardiff State Beach North
– Vinaka Café: Located in Cardiff – Local coffeehouse
– Pizza Port: Located in Cardiff – Pizza and beer.
– Encinitas Dog Park – Village Park Trail and Off Leash Area